Friday, October 29, 2010
Moving on to the reason I am officially a blogger now.....GREER! Greer is doing well! There was a time when I thought these fun moments would never come. I never thought a month could seem like a year, but because of this, I am more than thankful for what God has given us! We kind of have a schedule down, but not completely. The mornings and nighttime are going well. It's the afternoon that is still a little rusty. Greer's pediatrician said not to stress too much and to be glad he is sleeping so well through the night! I must add that I LOVE Greer's pediatrician, Dr. Israel. She came highly recommended and I see why!
I love this baby so much! I knew I would love him, but not like this. Okay mom, you are right! You always said, just wait until you have a child of your own and then you will understand. I understand in a big way now! I used to be somewhat annoyed by babies, especially when they cried. I know this sounds so cruel, but I honestly looked forward to the toddler years more than the baby years when Jeremy and I were talking about having children. I think it is partially from teaching kindergartners and being used to children who can tell you what they need. I was in for a big surprise and love how God planned it that way! I can look into Greer's eyes and he looks back at me and smiles. It is the best feeling in the world. Here are some other fun things we are enjoying about Greer right now at 2 months old:
- he smiles at us and makes sweet baby sounds to let us know he is happy
- takes naps cuddled up on us on the weekends while we watch football
- he is becoming a little more aware of Hope...this is actually really funny! Hope is very fond of Greer and licks him when he cries
- we talk to him and he attempts to talk back....hilarious!
- he is starting to wiggle around a lot more, which means I cannot leave him for long by himself without his boppy
- he is sleeping from about 9:30 at night until 5/6:00 in the morning WOO HOO!
- he likes anything I put him in to wear and does not mind playing dress up!
This was a big week for Greer! He had his 2 month check up (including shots) and yesterday he was circumcised. Both were not fun at all, but I am glad they are over with! He handled both of them very well and did better than I thought. Did I mention what an absolute miracle it is to have a baby!
MAJOR CLARIFICATION from my first post on Caring Bridge! St. Vincents is NOT where babies come from! God is where babies come from and that is that! How could a hospital take credit for a child's birth and use it for false advertising. Well I was silly enough to believe it, so don't feel bad if you thought their cheezy slogan was cute too. I'll stop at this thought for now. My thoughts on this will be saved for another day!