Monday, November 29, 2010
Here is a list of things that have blown my mind about my own self since having Greer:
1. I love couponing....omg! Never thought I would say this, but I do! I even have one of those dorky little pouches that I carry around in my purse....I mean diaper bag. The thrill of using them makes it so exciting!
2. I never thought I would love having a baby. Like I mentioned before, I love children, but never really loved babies. Oh yes, definitely guilty! I love Greer so much I could cry. He keeps me entertained very well and I love every minute of it!
3. I love being at home with Greer when I get the chance too. I never thought I would say that. I always assumed I would want to hurry right back to work and keep busy! I currently have a good balance between the two and am lucky for the time teachers are off. However, I am not the tough person I thought I was. I certainly cried like a baby the week I went back to work!
4. That slow poke driver that honks at you for texting and driving is me! Yes, I will honk at you if you are texting and driving! It is a pet peave of mine and people look at me like I am crazy when I do it, but it could save someone's life! Before becoming a mom, I was probably one of those people texting while driving.
5. Nursing is now part of my daily routine. I never would have thought this would be a highlight of my day. I had a very lackadaisical view of nursing and was very open-minded going into it. Now it is something I feel blessed to be able to do and look forward to doing every day!
6. Shopping for myself no longer exists and I like it that way. I am totally consumed and obsessed with dressing Greer and buying developmental toys for him. I am a complete sucker for a smocked outfit or bubble or the newest children's book on the shelf.
7. Greer puts Hope into perspective...she is just a dog. I still love her dearly, but sadly I often forget her more than I wish! Thank goodness for Jeremy! He always remembers to give her a little extra love! I swore I would never leave her out of the mix and I currently forgot to put her name on our Christmas card. She is the one who jumped in the picture to begin with. This year it was her idea to be included in our card for the first time and not mine.
We have so much to be thankful for! I am holding on to all these wonderful not really things, but mostly people and experiences we have been provided! As I get sad about packing away Greer's first Halloween costume and precious fall clothes that I spent too much money on, I am only looking forward to the next holiday and memories we will soon make!