Greer's First Month....
- Greer is born weighing 7 pounds 14 ounces and is 21 inches long
- Greer is weighing in at 8.11 pounds and 22 1/2 inches long at his first appointment with Dr. Israel
Greer's Second Month...
This month brings back so many wonderful memories:
- We are finally home from the hospital!
- Fall was approaching, so Greer and I spent most mornings in the park going for walks.
- He came home almost sleeping through the night, but we are still getting up with him once and occasionally twice at night.
- Greer finally learned to nurse!
- Greer is up to 10.2 pounds and is 23 1/2 inches long and receives his first vaccines
- We are keeping the baby acne away with Dr. Israel's suggested ointment mix
- Greer was circumcised at Children's Hospital ...all went as well as it could!
- Greer had his first photo shoot and did great. He only slept for 3/4 of the time! LOL!
- Greer loves a morning nap on mommy's bed! Three hours is a good day for him!
- We see Greer smile for the first time! A face you can never forget!
Greer's Third Month....
- Greer celebrated his mommy and daddy's three year anniversary in Savannah for his first vacation
- Greer went to his first Alabama Game Tailgate... where he makes his first tv appearance during the Alabama-Auburn game
- Greer celebrated his first Thanksgiving (giving us all lots to be thankful for!)
- Still spitting up A LOT! I should have spent more money on bibs than the dozens of outfits I bought!
- Mommy went back to work and Greer started staying with Ms. Carrie and Catherine (his new bff)
- Greer is finally up to 5 ounces of milk at each feeding and has the hiccups often
Greer's Fourth Month....
- Greer weighs 12 pounds and is 24 3/4 inches long
- Greer is introduced to rice cereal and gets his 2nd round of vaccines
- Greer still has cradle cap from when he was born
- Greer is reaching for toys-especially loves keys
- Any cell phone with buttons will cure Greer's crying!
- Greer does not like tummy time, but we do it any way
- Greer is rolling back and forth
- Does not like to nap for Ms. Carrie
- Very talkative....has so much to say! We wish we knew baby language
- Greer meets Santa and loves him....especially his beard
- Greer is the Baby Jesus at A Night in Bethlehem at our church
Greer's Fifth Month.....
- Greer enjoys his first taste of baby food! He loves it! Can't you tell!
- He mostly eats homemade baby food: apple sauce, carrots, sweet potatoes, and baby cereal w/ bananas
- Greer rolls over for the first time
- Greer had his first double ear infection
- Greer is pretty much done with his paci for good!
Greer's Sixth Month....
- Greer weighs 14.3 pounds and is 27 inches long
- Greer receives his 3rd round of vaccines and is given the go ahead for stage 2 foods
- Greer enjoys his first snow!
- Greer loves rolling over....and over and over!
- Greer is making lots of high pitch sounds
- Greer is sitting up
- Greer loves interacting with other children
- Greer's ECMO follow up appointment
- Greer spends his first Spring Break at the beach on Ono Island....where he gets his FIRST tooth!
Greer's Seventh Month...
- Greer's 2nd tooth comes in
- Greer celebrates his first Easter
- Greer is sitting up on his own
- Greer LOVES to swing in his new swing on our front porch!
- Greer loves to play with plastic Easter eggs
Greer's Eighth Month...
- Greer gets tubes to help with the hearing loss he has in one of his ears
- Greer took cover during the April 27th tornado in the parking garage of SOHO. God kept us safe!
- Greer celebrates his first Mother's Day!
- Greer is crawling...he crawled for the first time on Mother's Day!
- Greer loves to play peek a boo
- Greer gets another tooth
- Greer goes swimming in a pool for the first time! He LOVES the baby pool! He gets to practice walking around in the shallow water
- We moved Greer's crib down 4 inches....this makes me sad!
- Greer is sitting up from laying down in his crib
- Loves to clap!
- Greer is scared of little dogs, but seems to love our 70 pound dog
- Greer loves to drink from a straw....watch your drink if he is around
Greer's Ninth Month...
- Greer weighs 16.9 pounds and is 28 inches long
- Greer receives his 4th round of vaccines
- Greer gets in the Lake Mitchell for the first time
- Greer goes to Uncle Josh and Aunt Aimee's wedding at Orange Beach
- Greer gets to go back to the beach a week later at Fort Morgan, AL
- Greer is pulling up and standing for longer lengths of time
- Greer has a great sleeping schedule: long morning nap from 9-11 and an afternoon nap from 1-3/4
- We finally took the bassinet out of our bedroom and sent it to Ji Ji's house for now
- Greer loves to wave to other people....often strangers
- Greer says Ma Ma quite a bit now
- Greer loves to try and drink from Hope's dog bowl....gross!!!!
Greer's Tenth Month...
- Greer greets Jeremy with smiles and laughter at the door every day when he comes home!
- Greer enjoys his first 4th of July at The Lake
- Greer goes to his first buddy, Barrett's birthday party!
- Greer is beginning to "cruise" along furniture- Greer loves to clap!
- Greer loves "puffs," what is so special about these bland rice cakes?
Greer's Eleventh Month...
- Greer is struggling with separation from Mommy right now
- Greer is on the verge of walking
- Greer loves to get into cabinets and especially toilets (we are on round 2 of baby proofing our house)
- Greer still tries to play with Hope, and she still avoids him.
- Greer weighs 18 pounds and is 29.5 inches long
- Sleeping habits are mimicking those of an infant....Greer is not sleeping through the night right now
- Greer took his first steps 2 days before his birthday...they were very wobbly, but he was moving
- Greer is enjoying music and often claps when something makes him happy
- Greer's words at this point are: "ma ma", "da da", "uh oh", "ba"(bottle), "bye bye", and he likes to mimic sounds such as the monkey sound (eeh eeh), dog sound, chick sound, and other various truck sounds that his toys make!
- Greer is enjoying Mother's Day Out 2 mornings a week and loves his friends and teachers!
- Greer had a Great time at his Birthday Party and stayed up until 10:00.