Friday, August 26, 2011

GrEeR's 1st biRtHdAy BaSh!















Greer's rough start gave us a big reason to celebrate when he turned one!  I had been planning this day since about January!  I was sad that the holidays were over, but knew we still had so much to look forward to and to be thankful for.  What better event to get a jump start on than the celebration of Greer's first year!  The wagon theme came to me easily!  I knew I wanted it to be something "boy" themed, but child friendly and age appropriate too!  The internet was my friend, including Etsy!  I was able to order his invites from here as well as get ideas to go along with our theme.  The day was perfect!  Everything ran smoothly.  The weather was even pleasant, and that is a big deal for an August Saturday afternoon in Alabama!  I was worried about not being able to enjoy the actual birthday.  It all started reminding me of my wedding and how stressed I was....and how I still wish to this day that I had taken more time to enjoy the day and reason we were there!  So I prayed about it and took advice from my sweet friend Jessica and made sure I made time to spend the party with Greer and take lots of pictures of him and with him and not just the decorations.  My prayers were answered, because his birthday was perfect!  Most all of our favorite people were able to come.  Those who didn't make it were there in spirit!  I almost put Greer down at his regular bed time and am SO glad I did not!  He found a second wind of energy from somewhere (probably the cake) and stayed up and opened every single birthday present.  The real Greer personality came out and he was entertaining us all!  He was "hamming" it up pretty good and even played the drums for us.  I think we have a little class clown in the making!  I love this little boy and am so thankful for this very special day!        

No comments:

Post a Comment