Friday, December 9, 2011

Turkey Days

There is so much to be thankful for!  Greer always seems to pop in my mind first!  This little bit has brought so much happiness into our lives.  More than I could ever have imagined!  We have enjoyed the holidays (which start after Halloween for me) with him so much this year!  He is moving around (that is putting it mildly) and interacting so much right now!  It is so much fun, and everyone says it only gets better.  I cannot imagine how!  Greer's 15 month check up went great.  He had his first round of the flu shot and the Hep A vaccine.  I am officially finished nursing (very bitter-sweet for me) and we are now weaning Greer from the bottle completely.  He does not seem to be drinking as much milk with just his sippy cup, which kind of worries me.  I broke down and gave him a bottle before his nap one day recently and he sucked it down.  It makes me wonder if he is ready for just a sippy cup.  We only do bottles at nap time and bed time any way.  I just don't want him to be the child who is still taking a bottle at two.  It's like seeing a four year old with a pacifier (and I have seen that before-believe it or not).  Here is an overview of what our November looked like this year!  It was filled with lots of love, family, and tradition!  What more could you ask for!  I am one happy girl!  We traveled to Ozark this year to see Jeremy's Aunt Sandy.  This was the first time she and Greer met.  We enjoyed eating lunch and shopping with her in Dothan.  We had such a pleasant time with Jeremy's parents and grandparents too.  I am sad that I did not have my camera with me for this trip.  My plan is to get some pictures from Jeremy's mom, since I tend to blog with pictures more than writing.  

Greer enjoying his Thanksgiving lunch at Mother's Day Out with his class.  They did a potluck style lunch.  Each child brought something to contribute.  Greer found some cute fall themed cookies at Icing on the Cookie to bring for dessert.  Check out the hair!  Oh my!  

The tradition of mixing the dressing with our hands continues.....

and Greer is not happy

one bit!!!!!

We threw in a few cheerios in the dressing in honor of Greer!  

Checking out the turkey to see if it is ready!  

Another favorite tradition of mine!  Look who is on tv!!!!  The moment we all were waiting for.    
As Greer would say, "Ho, Ho!"

A great picture!  

The best family shot we could get. 

Ready to go back inside.  He is done with the photo shoot!

Greer's place setting!  We made him a whole plate filled with a little bit of everything and he did not eat one bite of anything!  Come to find out (after a few cream...yes! cream colored diapers and 2 rounds of vomiting.....Greer had a stomach bug.  Unfortunately, time is the only medicine that will heal this!  

We went by to get our tree after the Alabama game.  I guess I'll say Roll Tide 
(even though I am not fond of their Board of Trustees right now!)  
Greer was a trooper and loved watching me put the lights on the tree.   


Greer has found the Baby Jesus!  He sometimes likes to hide him, which makes me very anxious, considering this nativity has been in the family for a long time!  I am loving this though!  How can you tell a child they cannot play with a nativity scene!  

Look at that baby on his tippy toes trying to reach Him!

Enjoying some of the last days with his "bah"(bottle).....  So we hope!  

Visiting at the nursing home with the Grandparents.  

Meemaw holding Greer! There's Papaw and Aunt Sandy too!    

Greer passed out in his car seat at the nursing home.  I am thinking it may be time for a new car seat.  I am just now realizing how long this baby's legs are!  Makes me sad!  This car seat used to swallow him!

Greer and me on the carousel at the mall in Dothan.  
 He was a little hesitant at first, until he realized he would get to wave to daddy every time we passed him. 

 Here's to one more person I am very thankful for!  Jeremy and I went to Atlanta for our 4 year anniversary.  We went to see The Grinch at the Fox Theatre while we were there.  I hope to take Greer as he gets a little older.  We ate at Two Urban Licks, Treehouse, Flying Biscuit as well as a few other places in town.  I enjoyed Starbucks for breakfast both days (such a treat for a girl who lives for coffee!)  It was a much needed long weekend getaway.  We were lost at first not knowing what to do without our third wheel!  We finally made ourselves relax and enjoy just having each other's company without the distractions of life.  I normally blog just about Greer.  But I figured if it weren't for us, Greer wouldn't be here! Needless to say, I am very thankful for the husband God chose for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment