Saturday, April 21, 2012

First Weekend In Augusta

The move went very smoothly and I am so very thankful to finally be here.  We were pretty overwhelmed with our "need now" boxes this weekend.  I managed to conquer Greer's room and closet while the movers were still here and then I moved on to our closet and then the kitchen.  This felt like a huge accomplishment.  But.Oh.The.kitchen!  Where did all this stuff come from?  I realized that I go and buy things every time we throw a shower or party at our house.  That's the fun of being a host, right!  I also thought I cleaned out before we left, but somehow we accumulated 5 huge boxes of things to go to Hannah Home within the first weekend here.  Yikes!  I am glad we took the advice of the movers and left out paper plates, eating utensils, toilet paper, sheets, etc.  And thank goodness for our easy access to the cooler, because we went without a refrigerator for the first week here.  No one wants to go shopping for a refrigerator the day you move in and of course the people buying our house wanted our nice Jenn Air refrigerator.  We made the best of our situation and kept our items cold in our bright red cooler.
Our little helper!  

Love that sweet smile.  I needed to see that this weekend!  
He was right in the middle of everything!

Having fun in the paper.  

Loving the new backyard!

This is hilarious!  Jeremy bathed Hope in our outdoor fire pit.  
I am pretty sure if we had neighbors, they would know we are from Alabama!  
Greer thought it was hysterical and laughed the whole time.  


The unpacking got a little overwhelming, so Jeremy of course suggests we go to the rodeo.  Of course he always stops to smell the roses!  That's why we are together.  I would have stayed home all weekend from sun up to sun down getting the house perfect if it were not for him.  Needless to say, the boxes waited until later and we went on to the rodeo.  I am sure they could probably tell that "Alabama" people had arrived.  From our family and friend's perspective, I think it was pretty shocking that the first thing we did while in Augusta, was go to the rodeo.  We had a blast!

Cowboys headed to the rodeo

This is what a rodeo looks like in case you have never been.  This was my first time.  
Hoping Barrett and Jessica can join us next year!  


He loved petting the animals of course!





No comments:

Post a Comment