Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Potty Time

It all started a few weeks ago when a neighbor of ours gave us a potty from her garage sale.  I have been recently trying to get Greer to go on the big potty, but he has yet to do anything but sit there for a while and claim he is "done".  Well, his business usually ends with a dirty diaper if that tells you how productive our potty training has been going.....until the day we brought home Emily's potty.  You would have thought this thing was magical....well I think it kind of is!  Before I could wipe the seat off Greer plopped his little hiney down and went to town.  He tee teed a few times throughout the weekend and then left a BIG surprise in there a few days later.  I was ecstatic about him going number two.  I've heard that is the tricky part.  Greer is currently still wearing diapers and using the potty some too.  The excitement has worn off a little, but he still goes from time to time.  My plan is to attempt to do away from diapers when we get back from our week long trip to Birmingham.  I just feel like our routine will be off and I don't want to take a chance at ruining our trip by worrying about him having an accident the whole time.  We will see how it goes.  Right now he gets one peanut m&m for going number one and three peanut m&ms for going number two.  I should probably make it just one and two, but I get so proud of him when he does it all.  Here are some pretty entertaining pictures from recent bathroom experiences.    
He was taking a while this day, so I gave him my phone to keep him from getting up.  It worked.
This will not become a habit though!  I worry about how much children rely on technology to entertain themselves these days.  That's a whole different soap box though.  

It looks as if Buzz is taking credit for Greer's business.  I will give Buzz some credit, because he was the moral support Greer requested this day.  It certainly helped to have Buzz right there.  Excuse the graphic picture of what's in the pot.  The title of this post was a warning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment