Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Greer at 2...Don't Blink!

Trying to describe Greer seems awfully difficult to do sometimes!  His moods are changing pretty quickly these days (he is "Terrificly Two").  I realized when he was a baby, I could update daily on how much he was changing.  Those milestones come a little less often as babies become toddlers, and toddlers somewhere and somehow transform into little boys.  Oh this post is making me sad!  We are together every day, so how do I feel like I am missing something.  I don't think I am missing anything other than the fact that time flies when you are having fun!  I look at his baby pictures and am taken so quickly to a day that seems like yesterday.  The day that changed our lives forever.....and ever!  I have never posted this picture for so many reasons!  However, now I want people to see this picture so they can learn more about God and how he is working unbelievable miracles every day.  You see, according to science, the child in this picture was not supposed to live, but according to the real Physician, he is here with us today!  I'll spare all the technical details so you don't miss the point and so I don't lose track of the reason for this post to begin with.  I just LOVE to give glory to God on His amazing work and how he used our very own child to speak to so many people!
Touching Greer for the first time, which we thought may have been the last.  

Two years later.....HERE HE IS!!!
I think this picture speaks for itself!  


On a happier note...here is what our little buddy is into and up to these days.  I love his personality and have grown to love everything he loves.  I never thought boy toys would interest me, but somehow this little guy makes them fun !  

Greer LOVES...
trains
anything with wheels
swinging on our back patio
watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse over and over!
dancing
looking out the window 
wearing sunglasses while jammin' in the car
face time with family
other children
balls
playing outside...even in the rain
hiding in dark closets
bath time
"Matuh"(Mater)
Buzz and Woody
Hugs
Saying everyone's names that he knows
animals
shoes (especially his new cowboy boots)
sleeping with his books 
swimming
water
building


Greer's Favorite Foods are...
popsicles
"buddys" (aka pirate booty)
pretzels
hummus
yogurt
bananas
waffles...especially frozen (you must be teething)
"ice keem" (ice cream)
popcorn
candycorn
french fries


Greer is...
curious
adventurous
outgoing
happy
brave
territorial
sometimes clingy
funny
stubborn
affectionate
joyful
All Boy
OUR MIRACLE!!!


Funny things Greer says...
"candy.....corn"(very clear, but a long pause in the middle)
"grass....popper"(grasshopper)
"Cinda.....rella"
"ok"
"noooo"(it drags on with a southern drawl)
"shhhkoool"(school)
"Sfam"(Sam: your friend at school)
"hold you-me" (he is self correcting now...makes me sad)
"dee-uh"(deer)
"bite you"...you think all bugs and animals bite
"Geer"(Greer)
"Looch"(Luke)










1 comment: