Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving was filled with lots of family, fun, and a special little blessing!  So many of God's blessings were so evident to me this year!  We had hopes of conceiving another child when Greer turned two, and that wish came true right before the holidays.  We were able to tell our families during Thanksgiving, so that made this time of year that much more special.  We spent the first part of the week in Birmingham at my parents house.  Our time there was filled with turkey baking, dressing preparation, parade watching, eating, napping, quality time with family, and more eating!  We left for Ozark the day after Thanksgiving to see Mi Mi, Gramps, Uncle Josh, Aunt Aimee, and all the grandparents.  We did a lot more eating, shopping, and spent lots of time relaxing with family.  When we arrived back in Augusta, we decided to go get our first Christmas tree in this house.  It is by far my favorite tree we have ever had!  We always do one artificial and one real.  There is just nothing better than sitting on the couch during the holidays and smelling the yummy scent of a tree.  We overestimated the height of our ceilings and ended up with a tree that was initially too big.  Jeremy fixed that with a saw and it fit just perfectly snugged away in the corner of our family room.  I spent many afternoons during Greer's nap just staring across the room at all of our special ornaments and admiring them individually!  Yes, I really did!   I remember our house had a small leak when I was a little girl and my mom crying because some of her most special ornaments were ruined.  I didn't understand at the time, but now I can feel her pain every time I think about the water that filled the boxes her ornaments were stored in.  If something ever happened to our house....after our my family, Hope, and the hard drive, I would run to the attic for all our ornaments.  It's.a.true.story!
You want me to do what?

the finished product.....a perfectionist at heart!  

Helping Paw Paw make the turkey tasty


 
Our little helper!

Too much seasoning...."Aaaachooo!"






The same face as last year!
I think it is safe to say Greer does not like his hands in the dressing!





  
Lovin' on Aunt Aimee

Silly Josh!

The boys having fun!



 
  

 
Daddy's little helper!  What would we do without him!

No comments:

Post a Comment