Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Baking!

Ji Ji and Paw Paw came up for several days before Christmas.  Mom and I decided Greer was at a reasonable age to start our traditional Christmas baking.  I say "our", like I do this every year.  Not true!  My mom does though and I am slowly trying to figure out how she did all this baking by herself for so many years.  I mean, I was always in the kitchen "helping" but we all know how helpful children really are when it comes to messy fun like this.  Regardless of the mess, it filled my childhood full of amazing memories from the holidays.  Memories I am starting to make with my own little buddy!  He is such a little helper and loves being right in the middle of the fun!  I loved watching his little hands at work and the sweet expressions on his face as he concentrated so hard on what he was working on!  
This year we made Chex-mix, Santa mix, muddy buddies, and Greer decorated his first gingerbread house.  Maybe next year I will add some cookie baking to the menu.  This pregnancy took a toll on me this year!  




Our Santa Mix...Thank you Pinterest!  

All boxed up for some of our favorite neighbors

Greer took a break to watch some Christmas specials on tv.  
He gets it honestly!

Working so hard....
to eat them as fast as he can!  

Check out all the pieces missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment