Thursday, February 28, 2013

Paper plates, Nap Time, and DVR....

     These three things saved my life during the first trimester of this pregnancy.  Well, let me clarify....The first 17-18 weeks. This pregnancy has kicked my bottom for sure!!!  I don't know where people get away with saying the sickness ends at the start of your second trimester, but I am not buying that story ever again.  From the day I was six weeks pregnant until around 18 weeks, this baby was causing a ruckus like no other!  This go around has been a whole different story.  While pregnant with Greer, I had afternoon sickness that I usually cured with a hefty carb loaded dinner and then slept from about 5:30 until the next morning.  Teaching 18 kindergartners never really seemed to phase me.  I am thinking now they were quite the distraction.....but still, how did I do it without complaining?!?   Now, I have one child to take care of and I could barely get off the couch for hours at a time.  I took Zofran this time to make it through the day.  I avoided the pantry, trash can, and sink if at all possible.  Thank you to an awesome husband for working during the day and cleaning our house at night.  He asked me one day where all his undershirts were.  I eventually did laundry and counted TWELVE undershirts.  Yes!  That means I did NOT do laundry for two weeks.  Yikes!  Our house suffered greatly and still kind of does.  The toddler mess doesn't really seem to bother me too much these days.  Yes, that really did just come our of my mouth!
     Through all of this I am so thankful for an independent and understanding little boy.  God sure did take care of me in that department.  We watched way too much tv, ate entirely too much take out, and slept a whole lot.  Well, I just managed to nap while Greer napped.  Thank goodness for an awesome napper too.  On a great day, he would sleep for 3.5 hours.  That means exactly what you think it means.....I too, slept that long.  I truly believe in listening to your body, especially when you are pregnant!  If it makes you sick, don't eat it.  If it hurts to exercise, don't do it.  If the smell makes you sick, stay away from it.  If you are too tired to move, stay still...or nap!  I think pregnant women learn to cope with their surroundings during pregnancy to keep from staying nauseous.  However, I also believe your body craves what it needs to take care of the baby as well as make you feel better.  It hasn't failed me yet!  I am now drinking tons of water daily, which has made me feel so much better.  I no longer crave fatty casseroles or greasy Italian.  I've moved on to chicken salad, pimento cheese, and hummus.  Tomato sandwiches have been a favorite lately too.  Especially with a slice of cheese and a poached egg.  Yummy!  The lighter foods are sounding good again and I feel better after eating them.  I will never forget the day I called my mom to ask her if it was ok to eat chicken broth.  That is the way the wind blew that day, but it made me feel so much better.  I officially feel great other than being pretty sleepy.  I will occasionally drink a little caffeine, but am trying to be good and eat foods that give me natural energy.  I'm still hoping if that tells you anything!  This is a very boring post in comparison to the ones filled with pictures I usually use.  I just wanted to tuck all this information away somewhere so I can tell our LITTLE MISS all about the fun I had while SHE was baking in the oven.

Major Cravings:
Pasta
Coke
Crackers
Egg Rolls
Sushi (can't wait to have the real thing!)
Chocolate Milk
Frozen Yogurt
Gatorade
Chinese Food


Food Aversions:
Chocolate (only until a few weeks ago...I figured this would not last long)
sweet potato fries (one of my former faves)
Chick-fil-A(This happened when I was pregnant with Greer too)

No comments:

Post a Comment