Saturday, September 28, 2013

Visit to Ozark

It has been quite a while since we visited Ozark, so we decided it was a good long weekend for us to go see J's family and especially visit with the grandparents...since we do not see them much at all.  We have seen Jeremy's parents lots...thank goodness they are willing to travel and come see us.  It is much easier for them to visit than for us to pack up two little ones and all their belongings for several hours in the car.  We had a wonderful weekend with family and spending time in Jeremy's hometown.  I love going back to where he is from!  It makes me love him more and more.  I love the simple life he lived growing up out in the beautiful country, while playing in the yard and doing good ol' boy stuff with his friends.  I love that Greer is getting to see and do some of these things now too.  These pictures are mostly from the time we spent visiting the nursing home.  It always saddens me to see his grandparents' health declining, but I am also so happy for Jeremy to have living grandparents from both sides who have lived long enough to know and love our children.  I would give anything for Grandoll and Paw Paw to know our family of four.  Oh the tears!



Mee Maw was so thrilled to see us.  We brought a bottle so she could feed Mary Harper.  
Holding a baby seemed to make her day.  
She is such a sweet and lovely lady who is always a joy to be around!  

Pa Paw and Jeremy

I love this man!  He has never been too cool to do anything...that is only one of the hundreds of reasons why I love him.  Here he is doing laundry with his grandmother.  I hope Greer grows up to be half as awesome as his daddy!  That is still setting the standard pretty high in my opinion!  I feel blessed to know him as a husband and father to our babies!  




I love this picture!  Grandma Collins is so happy and looks so dainty in her colorful gown and pretty pink fingernails.  It was so good to see her.  I do miss her feisty ways!  She always keeps us laughing!







Such a sweet picture!






Greer and Jeremy playing on the playground Jeremy helped build while he was in high school.  



No comments:

Post a Comment