Saturday, May 25, 2013

Destin Beach Trip


Mi Mi and Gramps were headed to the beach for a few days and invited us to come along.  I was so nervous about going, considering we were seven weeks away from our due date and map quest said it would take close to eight hours to get there.  Yikes!  After consulting with my doctor, we decided to go with it, since we are going to be home bound for a while.  We were pleasantly surprised to learn that our trip only took a little over six hours.  This was fabulous news to me, since Greer is just newly potty trained and I feel like I am too with a pregnant bladder.  We had a wonderful time.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous, the water was typical amazing Destin water, and the food was great too!  Greer was still a little hesitant of the sand this year, but he adjusted much quicker than last summer.
                                     
                                                     Baby feet in the sand....my favorite!

Mi Mi helping Greer

I take these hugs as much as I can get them!

He loved digging in the sand.

scoping out the ocean

On the lookout with Mi Mi for something to dig


Greer playing frisbee with Daddy

The tongue always seems to make him work harder

Group Pic

Greer with Mi Mi and Gramps

Family Photo at Pompano Joe's

This may be the last year i can get away with bubbles.
My rule of thumb is, if it still fits, then he is wearing it!  

Don't know which one is my favorite...

Baby boy fell asleep on me during lunch on the balcony...
savoring these moments as well!

Checking out the big shark teeth with Gramps

This boy loves some wildlife

Back to work he goes




We stayed an extra night after Jeremy's parents left.  We figured we had driven this far, we might as well enjoy our beach time...since it will more than likely be next summer before we return.  Pizza on the beach for dinner made for the perfect date night with these two boys!  It's the little things these days!




Greer chasing bubbles on the beach

Belly shot on the beach.  The belly is definitely growing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment