Friday, August 8, 2014

Feeling guilty!

HONEST ALERT!!! As this summer comes to a close, I have been reminiscing on the past few months...and year too.  I am still learning how to be a mom for a second time, because we all know every child is different and has their own needs.  I am feeling really guilty these days about my job as a mom, because honestly there are some days I want to pack my backpack and go wait for the bus to pick ME up!  Yep, I admit it!  It is hard around here some days.... a lot of days...every day!  I am having to learn to appreciate good moments instead of good days, because a perfect day is really hard to come by with two young children.  While everyone else is posting pics of their wonderful summer, I am looking forward to the start of a new school year.  This family(including myself), does much better on a consistent routine.  I have tried to put structure in our day with different summer camps and Vacation Bible Schools.  It's just not the same as a regular school year.  Going to the pool is a near disaster these days.  I don't want to wish these sweet babies' lives away, but I am for sure hopeful that next summer will be much easier to manage.  Puddle Jumper for Mary Harper and better swimming skills for Greer.  The fun I have tried to provide these babies, has often proven to be more trouble than its worth...often ending in tears and frustration.  And let me tell you about three year olds.  Forget the terrible twos, this age is intense!  Here are some pics from this summer.  Don't let the smiles fool you.  It's been a learning curve for sure!  So, for anyone who thinks staying home with children is easy, please call me!  I would love to set up a time for you to come observe a day in the stay at home life of this mommy.  Cheers to new beginnings!



Washing vegetables from "Mr. McGreer's" garden


Mary Harper and her sweet friend Adeline

Pretty common of how our pictures usually turn out




No comments:

Post a Comment