Friday, February 3, 2012

Biting!

We are currently in a biting phase right now.  Not.fun.at.all!  Greer bit three times in one day at Mother's Day Out last week and has been biting us at home too.  It hurts so bad!  I was trying to count his teeth one day and he bit down on my finger.  It literally took my breath away.  We tell him "no" in a firm voice and he often laughs.  We are hoping the biting is due to teething, since it is unprovoked.  Praying those teeth come in soon if that is the case.  In the meantime we have been reading this book


and have been trying this.......

TIME OUT!!!

I laugh at myself as I am typing this because I do not know if either one are going to work.  I am going to die trying, because it is breaking my heart to see him not doing the right thing.  Greer actually showed remorse when I told him he had to sit in time out and that biting hurts.  Made me feel a little bit better about attempting this for the first time.  This will be the last picture I take of him in time out.  I am pretty sure he has learned that I grab the camera every time he does something that makes me happy.  As much as I was laughing inside as I took this picture, I did not want him to think I thought it was funny at all.  Wish us luck as we hurdle through this adventure.  This age is absolutely adorable, but is very difficult at times too!  It doesn't help that Greer has learned to tell us "no".  No one ever said parenthood was easy!  


2 comments:

  1. I know this may sound horrible but have you "bit him
    Back"... My Jackson was a biter @ that age he bit me one time and I bit him back (oviously not hard... And it did not leave a mark... More like a pinch with my teeth) and he never bit me or anyone else after that! Just a thought however your book and time out seems to be working! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly,
    I did bite him back once. I worked up the courage to do it for days! It hurt his feelings terribly, but he is still biting. I was hoping that would do the trick. I can't say that the books or time out are actually working. LOL! I think it just makes me feel better to know I am trying something different. As bad as it sounds, I wish someone would bite him back! I feel like that may have a stronger impact! Thanks for the advice! So glad to see you guys are finally home and doing well!

    ReplyDelete