Friday, February 24, 2012

A New "Do"

So after many comments from family and much contemplation, I decided it might be time for Greer to get a "trim".  I refuse to say cut, because it was not that at all.  Actually, I think I am resisting the fact that this child was once a baby, who is now a toddler, and will soon be a little boy.  He will be eighteen months old tomorrow, so I guess it was getting close to time for a haircut.  It sounds crazy, but I didn't want the duck feather looking part of his hair that sticks up in the back to be gone forever.  I mean, this is his trademark.  It is Greer!  When I think of him, I think of the white hair that sticks straight up no matter what you do to it.  Anyway, I decided to listen to the hair dresser and take her advice.  She said his hair would be much healthier and would grow faster if we trimmed some of the ends off.  It makes perfect sense.    So off to the hair salon we went.  Here is a picture of Greer's first hair cut and first sucker.  He finally learned how to eat a sucker without trying to take a bite out of it.

It is not the best quality picture since it was taken on my phone, but it will give you an idea.  Thank goodness for the sucker!  It kept him pretty distracted while the hair dresser did her best not to poke him with the scissors.  The "baby whisperer" (aka daddy) got the lucky job of holding Greer. 

While I am blogging I thought I would mention a few funny things Greer is doing right now...

-  We are trying to make teeth brushing a successful event each night.  We usually take turns brushing our teeth with him.  Greer certainly just likes to suck the toothpaste off and ask for "muh" (more).  I looked over the other day and saw him spitting his toothpaste out onto the carpet in our bedroom.  It did not dawn on me to let him spit in the sink like we do.  It amazes me how much he copies every little thing we do.   

-  I try to let Jeremy sleep in on Saturday mornings since he gets up at 4:50 during the week and works all day.  So basically, Greer and I get up together and play.  He knows Jeremy is still in bed and he wants so badly to wake him up.  I always tell him "shhhhh, daddy's still asleep".  So I get Greer out of bed this morning and he walks in the hallway and looks towards our bedroom and puts one finger up to his mouth and says "shhhhh".  Poor baby has his days mixed up and can't figure out when daddy is going to be home.  He now walks around saying "shhhhh" to me during the day sometimes too.    

- Greer has started to notice when I am chewing gum.  He will often just look at my mouth until he can see what is in there.  I threw my gum in the bathroom trash can this morning and look over and he has my already chewed gum FROM THE TRASH CAN in his mouth smacking on it like nobody's business!  I thought I was going to have a heart attack....from the fact that he could choke as well as the fact that it came from the trash can!  Ewwww!   


No comments:

Post a Comment