Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day has always been such a cheesy holiday to me!  I have always felt like if someone needs a holiday to know someone else loves them, then something is not right.  Anyway, I have grown to love V. Day since teaching kindergarten and being around young children....as well as having one of my own.  I think it brings the big picture into perspective and helps focus on the little things in life....such as friendship and love!  We opted to stay in this year and cook our engagement dinner that we had in Disney World....five years ago.  Where did that time go?  It is a shrimp and bruschetta ham pasta.  We always add chicken too.  It was actually a kid friendly meal considering Greer loves pasta of any kind usually.  Here are a few pics from our family date night in.  Wow how our Valentine's Day has changed...and I wouldn't trade a thing!
Greer's valentines we sent to the grandparents and aunts and uncles.  

Greer's valentines for school.  Of course we had to send bubbles.

On our way to school on Valentine's Day.


                                                   
Greer eating lunch at school with his friends at All Saints.


Valentine fun with daddy!  

The balloon was the main attraction!

Teasing Hope with his new toy.

I see you!

We were so amazed that he knew how to move his hands up the string to lower the balloon where he could play with it.  We have not taught him that.  I was thrilled with his exploration that led to discovery!







No comments:

Post a Comment