Monday, June 11, 2012

Pete the Cat

is one of Greer's favorite books!  We read it a good bit.  I caught him reading in his tent one rainy day this week.  Here is his version of Pete the Cat:
"Cat"
"white shoes"
"Oh no"
"Bye bye"
Oh sweet boy!  You warm my heart every day!  As a former kindergarten teacher, I was so excited!  I believe in children learning to love books early, but I believe just as strongly in building confidence in young readers too!  He left out a whole lot of the book, but I wouldn't dare tell him!  I was so proud of him!  This is a dream come true for me in so many ways.  Can't wait until we can do some mini lessons and story extensions.  His attention span is just not there yet.  Oh how I miss teaching sometimes!  I am getting the itch to dig in the attic for some of my big books this week!  Greer has never seen one.  I can't wait to see his reaction!  Here is my little buddy sneaking away to read! 

He doesn't go very far without his dump truck!  





No comments:

Post a Comment