Sunday, June 17, 2012

Poor Buddy!

One of my worst fears happened, and it happened in the car!  Jeremy was working Father's Day weekend, so Greer and I packed up and headed for the pool on a beautiful Saturday morning.  I pulled into the parking lot of the pool and I hear Greer coughing in the back seat.  I turn around and ask him if he is okay and he is throwing up everywhere....and I mean everywhere!  I quickly get him out of the car in case it happens again, and of course it.happens.again!  At least this time it is all over the concrete.  Luckily, there is a sweet girl at the pool who pulls out the hose as far as it will reach so I can attempt to clean up this mess.  I strip Greer down into his diaper and drive back home with all the windows down.  All I kept saying in my head is, "Thank you God for letting him wait until he is a toddler to throw up."  I have always been scared of him getting sick like this as a baby and not being strong enough to handle it!  I of course call my mom first and then the pediatrician.  I really think all moms that are grandparents should qualify as pediatricians, because they know just as much if not more sometimes.  She tells me about the B.R.A.T diet....Bananas, Rice, Apples, Toast and of course good 'ole sprite.  I do as she says and feed him bland foods for the next few days as well as a little gatorade here and there.  The pediatrician tells me not to come in unless he gets worse.  Luckily, he only gets better and all is well since then.  Here are some pictures of Greersy not feeling so well!   I got some great snuggle time while he was sick!  He feel asleep on my chest in the living room, which he has not done since he was a baby.  I was loving every minute of it!

 
He hasn't taken a paci since he was under a year old and he all of the sudden takes a liking to the thermometer paci.  When he is sick, I'll let him have anything he wants!  

Hope making sure he is okay

Staying hydrated

Still holding on to his "Minnie" cup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment