Monday, July 2, 2012

Mi Mi & Gramps Come Visit

Mi Mi and Gramps made their way to Augusta this weekend.  We enjoyed a nice relaxing weekend with them, despite the scorching hot (high of 106)  weather.  They arrived around dinner time on Friday, so we cooked out at the house and ate a late dinner here.  Saturday morning we went to Riverwalk and the market downtown.  That is always a fun way to start your day.  We headed to Surrey center for lunch and ate at a sandwich shop there.  This was new to us, so we were excited to try something different.  Greer of course needed a nap, so we dropped the boys off at home and Mi Mi and I went shopping.  There was a moment in TJ Maxx when I heard a toddler crying and I thought it was Greer.  I forgot for a moment he was at home.  Oh it was so nice to shop without him for a change.  I love my little buddy and all our time we spend together without a doubt, however it was so nice to not have to worry about him jumping out of the buggy or screaming too loud in the store.  Of course I spent half my time checking out the train selection in the toy department.  I lucked up and found a piece to put back for Christmas.  Yes, when I say piece, these things are crazy expensive.  I figure I better start his collection now, because it may take a while!  Thomas the train, here we come!  We made it back to the house in time to pick up the boys for dinner.  We headed to the German restaurant for our second time.  Jeremy figured since Gramps is from Germany, he would be a good food critic for this restaurant.  We enjoyed our German cuisine until Greer started acting out and our waitress showed her rudeness toward children.  Not sure we will be frequenting this place again...and if we do, it will be for take out for sure!  When you ask for crackers at a restaurant(for a busy toddler) and they don't have them, the waitress should at least bring you bread instead.  That's what most other restaurants do any way.  Instead we received a basket of bread at the end of our dinner.  I know this is not customary in Germany!  Oh well.  We made our way to the pool for a night swim after dinner.  Once again, we had the pool to ourselves.  Greer and Mi Mi had fun squirting the big boys with water guns.  Greer even practiced floating on his belly in the baby pool.  It was so relaxing and such a nice break from the heat.  Luke and Bella came down for a swim too.  I was so proud of Greer, because he actually tested out Bella's puddle jumper this time and was floating.on.his.own!  This is huge!!!  He has been holding on to us in the pool and will not let go.  Needless to say, we ran to the store the next day to get him one before the lake next weekend.  We swam until about 9:30(this is really late for Greer) and came home and relaxed for a while watching a movie.  I did enjoy eating my German desert to go (marzipan cake) on the couch while reading Fifty Shades of Grey at 11:00 that night!   (I am almost to book 3.  What am I going to read after this is over??  I am so into this freakishly weird trilogy!  I am hung up on the psychology of the main character!  Can't wait to see what is left to come!)  Anyway, Jeremy cooked breakfast for us Sunday morning and we relaxed around the house until it was time for Mi Mi and Gramps to head home.  We enjoyed their visit and look forward to seeing them AND Josh and Aimee at the beach in a few weeks.  Good times ahead!    

Here is Greer in a big boy chair eating chips and dip instead of his dinner.  Imagine that!


Greer eating his desert at his own table.  Sometimes this is the only way I can get him to eat!





Our baby birds



Gramps showing Greer the birds

Sleepiness!



Mi Mi sharing her cereal with Greer


And he wanted more cereal.  Doesn't everyone eat cereal with their hands!



At dinner

Trying to keep this one happy

Cheers!

Night swim



Letting go of him

And he's off....by himself!

Loving the pink float!  

No comments:

Post a Comment